Our experienced Agents are highly trained in the difficult, stressful and time consuming profession of business sales. We represent you, the Seller, in confidentially marketing and negotiating a sale from start to finish while you concentrate on running your business!
At Gold Coast Business Brokers, our experienced agents specialise in business sales for businesses located in the Gold Coast, Mount Tamborine, Northern Rivers and Brisbane. Not surprisingly, our virtual office has allowed us to sell businesses as far north as Cairns and Townsville site-unseen! In fact over half of our business sales since 2004 have been to business owners and buyers who we’ve never met face to face!
We specialise in business sales for industries which are in the small to medium sized enterprise market (SMEs), considered general in nature, and generally between $200,000 to $20million in sale price.
On the Gold Coast, demand for businesses for sale are generally in the manufacturing, construction, wholesale, retail, accommodation, food services, retail, transport, warehousing, distribution, rental hire, professional services, healthcare, education and training, and hospitality and recreation industries.
Sale prices for businesses can vary dramatically from industry to industry and even within each industry. Hands down the major factors which determine the selling price of businesses include owner’s involvement, trading net profit, sales trend, and overall return on investment including goodwill, stock, plant and equipment, working capital, and out of pocket incidentals such as payment of rental bond and stamp duty. Other factors simply either help to improve the saleability or non-saleability of a business.
As a family run business with over 40 years combined experience, we’ve conquered thousands of scenarios that could break a deal. We’re also not governed by a franchise or corporate greed so can be flexible and open minded when a deal needs to come together. Having owned and sold our own businesses, and still going strong since 2004, we’re confident that we can get you the best possible results for the least amount of money!
Want to know more? Please chat with one of our friendly Gold Coast Business Brokers today!
IMPORTANT STEPS TO SELL YOUR BUSINESS
1. Agree with your Agent on a Listing Sale Price (or the Advertised Sale Price). You should also discuss what price you’re prepared to accept and be prepared to look at lower offers (a low offer does not necessarily reflect how you will finish up!).
2. Collate information ready for a Buyer including financials, leases, plant & equipment list, staffing and so on.
3. Be ready to meet and discuss your business with a Buyer. This means both you and your business must be organised and present well.
4. Be ready to accept an Offer. Discuss with your family what price and terms you’re prepared to accept, line up a solicitor who can work on your file NOW from start to finish, if you plan to travel then line up a Power of Attorney who can sign on your behalf, and if there are potential tax implications then find out now what scenarios we’re working with so that we can structure a deal that will work. Buyers can move on if a deal isn’t struck within a few days!
5. Be ready to Settle. Close off as many sales as you can (stock in trade will only transfer at cost to the Buyer so make sure you profit while you can), organise final electricity and gas readings, organise and sign any transfer documents for leases and rental agreements, and tally up a final statement of accounts for any adjustments to be made at Settlement (e.g. deposits received or payments made in advance).
ABOUT OUR DIRECTOR’S
Peter, Nicole and Kerri previously owned, and later sold, an Import Wholesale Business supplying to major retail chains including Harvey Norman, Furniture Court, Furniture One, Sleep Zone and Snooze.
Peter and Nicole have worked in corporate sales, Sydney; and until recently, remotely managed their family farm in Darwin NT before selling the business and freehold property to a Sydney Syndicate buyer. Today, they passively manage their Internet Marketing business; and Take-Away Shop in Surfers Paradise.
Kerri, the most likeable business broker you’ll ever meet, was a successful Business Coach, and operated her own Beauty Salon pampering the likes of Kylie Minogue before selling the business herself. Today, Kerri carves it up in business sales with her bubbly personality and dry humor!
Bachelor of Science (double major Biochemistry and Microbiology)
Graduate Diploma in Information Systems
Master of Accounting (deferred completion)
Full QLD Real Estate Licence
Full NSW Real Estate Licence