Take advantage of over 40 years experience in business sales
Sell a Business
Take advantage of over 40 years experience in business sales. Whether or not you’ve personally sold a business we have a service that suits you. We represent you, the Seller, in confidentially and professionally marketing your business while you concentrate on running your business!
|Features||Assisted Sale by Owner||Assisted Sale by Agent|
|Advertise on industry websites including Seekbusiness.com.au, Business2Sell.com.au, Anybusiness.com.au and more (reach over 400k potential buyers)||Yes||Yes|
|Advertise on Goldcoastbusinessbrokers.com.au (we rank No.1 for major industry specific search terms)||Yes||Yes|
|Advertise on Facebook (reach over 700k potential buyers)||Yes||Yes|
|SMS/Email Marketing to Database (reach over 10,000 qualified buyers)||Yes||Yes|
|Phone answering service||No||Yes|
|Buyer Enquiry Forwarding direct to your Email/Mobile||Yes||No. Agent handles all enquiries|
|Send/Receive Confidentiality Agreements||No||Yes|
|Professional Advertisement Writing||Yes||Yes|
|Preparation of Password Protected Information Memorandum accessible from any Internet Powered Device||Yes||Yes|
|REIQ Contract of Sale (Business & Property)||Yes, blank included free with registration||Yes, negotiated and prepared by Agent|
|Consultancy service by licensed Business Broker||Restricted to initial consultation only||Yes|
|Commission on Sale||No||Yes|
|Term of Service||Until advised in writing||Until advised in writing|
*Marketing fee is a once off payment required upfront before commencement of work. The marketing package includes the same full campaign offered under our full broking service, For Sale by Agent. All marketing will be promoted through Gold Coast Business Broker’s brand in line with Third Party Advertiser policies and to ensure that we maintain a consistent and professional image in line with our brand.
NOTE: When deciding on which service suits your circumstance, please consider whether you are able to handle enquiries during the day and consider your experience, language competency, time available, and whether dealing directly with buyers may compromise your confidentiality. We recommend businesses with a Sale Price of less than $1million are best suited to the For Sale by Owner service. Larger businesses should consider using our For Sale by Agent service.
Hands down it doesn’t get much better than speaking with a Gold Coast Business Broker expert today and discover how we can help. Our knowledge spans over 40 years. We live locally on the Gold Coast but we can reach you in person or by phone, email and/or video-call. Ready to find out more? Contact us today and let’s make something awesome together!
Mergers & Acquisitions | IPO | ASX
0421 040 857
Business Sales | Mergers & Acquisitions | IPO | ASX
0459 424 777
0416 013 911
Fluent English, Hindi, Indian, Punjabi
0451 559 383
Fluent English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai
Business Sales | Mergers & Acquisitions | IPO | ASX
0414 277 422
0414 418 882
Sales Manager | Business Sales
0425 216 162
Licensee | Business Sales | Mergers & Acquisitions | IPO | ASX
0423 161 995
Important Steps to Sell your Business
1. Agree with your Agent on a Listing Sale Price (or the Advertised Sale Price). You should also discuss what price you’re prepared to accept and be prepared to look at lower offers (a low offer does not necessarily reflect how you will finish up!).
2. Collate information ready for a Buyer including financials, leases, plant & equipment list, staffing and so on.
3. Be ready to meet and discuss your business with a Buyer. This means both you and your business must be organised and present well.
4. Be ready to accept an Offer. Discuss with your family what price and terms you’re prepared to accept, line up a solicitor who can work on your file NOW from start to finish, if you plan to travel then line up a Power of Attorney who can sign on your behalf, and if there are potential tax implications then find out now what scenarios we’re working with so that we can structure a deal that will work. Buyers can move on if a deal isn’t struck within a few days!
5. Be ready to Settle. Close off as many sales as you can (stock in trade will only transfer at cost to the Buyer so make sure you profit while you can), organise final electricity and gas readings, organise and sign any transfer documents for leases and rental agreements, and tally up a final statement of accounts for any adjustments to be made at Settlement (e.g. deposits received or payments made in advance).
About our Directors
Peter, Nicole and Kerri previously owned, and later sold, an Import Wholesale Business supplying to major retail chains including Harvey Norman, Furniture Court, Furniture One, Sleep Zone and Snooze.
Peter and Nicole have worked in corporate sales, Sydney; and until recently, remotely managed their family farm in Darwin NT before selling the business and freehold property to a Sydney Syndicate buyer. Today, they both work full time in the business on sales and marketing.
Kerri, the most likeable business broker you’ll ever meet, was a successful Business Coach, and operated her own Beauty Salon pampering the likes of Kylie Minogue before selling the business herself. Today, Kerri carves it up in business sales with her bubbly personality and dry humor!
Bachelor of Science (double major Biochemistry and Microbiology)
Graduate Diploma in Information Systems
Master of Accounting (deferred completion)
Full QLD Real Estate Licence
Full NSW Real Estate Licence